Turkey and Lasagna Roll ups a Life is good creation
1 lb ground turkey
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1 4oz can of fresh mushrooms
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp cracked pepper
1 jar of spaghetti sauce, divided
8 lasagna noodles,
1. Bring a pot of water with a tsp of salt and a tablespoon of olive oil to a boil. Cook noodles to 1/3 the time recommend on the pacakge. Once cooled drain and rinse and then drape over the side of the pot so they do not stick together.
2. Cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms until all veggies are tender add turkey.
3.Thoroughly cook the ground turkey in a large skillet. Add the, sauce, garlic, spices, salt and pepper and spinach. Mix well. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes
4. Spread about a cup of sauce on the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay out one lasagna noodle, smear with meat mixture and top with mozerrela cheese .
5. Top the lasagna roll-ups with the remaining sauce, remaining 1oz of mozzarella and a bit of dried parsley.
6. Bake uncovered for 20 minute if you like the crispy noodle bits like I do. Cover with aluminum foil if you don’t. :)
Review: This recipe actually occcured because I had extra meat mixture from the lasagna cupcakes, but it tasted great. Just remember that you can fill your pasta with just about anything, the key is to cook the pasta a little less then normaal.