Friday, November 12, 2010

Chicken tortilla Soup

Chicken tortilla Soup


The Ingredients:


--3 cups of chicken broth (homemade or packaged)
--1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (I had leftover chicken in the freezer)
--1/2 onion
--1 cup frozen roasted corn
--2 green onions
--28 oz can of tomatoes and juice
--1 cup chopped up vegetables that you have on hand (celery and carrots in my case, plus I had the end of the roasted vegetables I froze)
--4 cloves of garlic ( I am STILL out of fresh garlic)
--1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
--1/2 t cayenne pepper
--1 t cumin
--salt to taste (especially if using a no-salt broth like I was)




optional garnish:


--tortilla chips
--parmesan cheese
--sour cream


The Directions:




--dice all veggies into fine chunks
--dump everything into the crockpot

--it's okay if you have frozen stuff. My broth, vegetables and chicken were all frozen.

--totally okay to assemble the night before.


--cook on low for 8-10 hours, or high for 6 or so.



before serving, add whatever garnish you choose.

I loved the way this tasted and it was great. I used leftover frozen chicken from this recipe. I also added a can of diced chiles! Yummy !

No comments:

Post a Comment