Sunday, March 7, 2010

Garlic Potatoes

So I have a full bag of potatoes in the pantry that need to be used before they go bad. Therefore in my quest to use the potatoes I went on a search for a new potatoes recipe. My quest landed me on the following websites Eat at Home I referenced the Pioneer women's recipe and ended up doing the following:
potatoes
garlic
white wine(this didn’t make it into the picture)
kosher salt
pepper
Wash and dice the potatoes. Chop the top off the garlic bulb (the end that comes to a point) so that you expose the cloves inside. Put the potatoes in a shallow pan and set the garlic in with the potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and garlic. I used about 1/2 cup of white wine, but I didn’t really measure. Sprinkle with kosher salt (or regular table salt will work too) and pepper. It’s okay to eye ball all of these ingredients. Just add what looks good for the amount of potatoes you are making.

Review: These were good. The original recipes called for new potatoes. I'll make these again for sure!

Cover the pan tightly with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes. To get the garlic out of the bulb, I held it with paper towels so that I wouldn’t burn myself. The I used a fork to pop the cloves out into the potatoes. Stir it all up and serve.

1 comment: