Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Quick Pasta Dishes
I tried these two pasta dishes. They were simple weeknight meals, but I would rate neither very highly. I may attempt the Chessy Pasta again with meat
Easy Pasta Bake
8 ounces uncooked pasta
1 jar (1 lb. 10 ounces) garlic and onion spaghetti sauce
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix (the secret ingredient)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella
Cook pasta according to package directions: drain. In a bowl, combine the spaghetti sauce and salad dressing mix; add pasta and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. 4 servings.
Cheesy Pasta Casserole (Pictured above)
• 1 pkg. egg noodles, cooked and drained (or 1 1/2 pkgs spaghetti)
• 1 package ground turkey, chicken or beef, cooked (optional) (we used chicken breasts, boiled then chopped up finely)
• 1 jar tomato sauce
• 1 8oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup sour cream
• garlic salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash
• 1 block of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Mix the softened cream cheese with sour cream, seasonings, and tomato sauce together.
2. Place small amount of sauce down in 2 casserole dishes to prevent sticking (I have one 13"x9" and one slightly smaller we use).
3. Place the cooked egg noodles/spaghetti and chopped chicken/beef/turkey into sauce, blending together, then pour into casserole dishes.
4. Cover with shredded cheese.
5. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
*Once again these were both from another blog, let me know if they are yours.