Monday, February 16, 2009

Chicken Fried Rice and Garlic chicken



Easy Garlic Chicken

3 T butter
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp onion powder


Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Mix garlic, seasoning salt and onion powder together. Rub mixture on the chicken. Saute chicken in butter for about 10 to 15 minutes on each side, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

Chicken Fried Rice

1 to 2 Chicken breasts or 10 Chicken Tenders (cut into small pieces)
3 Scrambled eggs
2 Carrots (finely grated)
1/2 White onion (finely chopped)
3/4 cup Frozen peas (I leave these out)
1/2 cup Butter
1 to 2 Garlic cloves (Crushed) or 1 teaspoon of garlic Powder (My family likes the garlic powder, It gives it a stronger garlic flavor)
5-6 cups White rice (cooked)

Marinate chicken in soy sauce, if you do not have much time, mix it with chicken before cooking. (I pull my chicken out of the freezer and put the soy sauce on it. Then it can marinate in the soy sauce while it thaws. When it's thawed and ready then I cut it up) In a large frying pan (Very large frying pan) cook chicken in small amount of olive oil, add carrots and onions and sauté until clear Add frozen peas and cook until soft. Then add the rice to the mixture. In another pan, scramble three eggs, chop finely and add to mixture Add butter and garlic, stir until butter is all melted


Review: I didn't particullary care for the specific recipe that I tried for fried rice.I'll have to play around with it and get it to my particular liking.

The Garlic chicken was simple, and esay. It was not what I had planned to make, but it turned out good. Makes a great weekenight dinner (Must like garlic).

No comments:

Post a Comment