Wednesday, March 9, 2011
UPDATE: Lobster pizza
1 flour tortilla (per pizza)
Land O' Lakes™ Roasted Garlic Butter Spread( I used this recipe from Allrecipes)
2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
4 oz. drained roma tomatoes (approx. 2-3 tomatoes) diced 3/8"
2 tbsp. fresh basil cut in 1/8" julienne strips
2 oz. lobster meat cut in 1/2" - 3/4" chunks
1/2 cup Italian six-cheese blend
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Lightly brush entire topside of tortilla with garlic butter (edge to edge).
3. Sprinkle two tablespoons Parmesan cheese over the garlic butter.
4. After draining the diced tomatoes, sprinkle evenly over Parmesan cheese.
5. To julienne the basil, wash it and shake off excess water. Pick off leaves and stack on top of one another. Using a chef's knife, cut into 1/8" strips. Do not chop. Sprinkle evenly over the diced tomatoes.
6. Make sure lobster meat is cut into 1/2" - 3/4" chunks. Portion lobster meat, drain it and then sprinkle it evenly over the tomatoes.
7. Sprinkle the Italian six-cheese blend evenly over the diced tomatoes.
8. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
9. Brush a pizza pan lightly with vegetable oil and sprinkle lightly with ground black pepper and kosher salt.
10. When oven is ready, place pizza on pan and cook approximately four to five minutes.
11. Remove from pan and cut into eight wedges.
12. Squeeze fresh lemon over pizza for extra flavor and serve.
Be sure you drain the tomatoes and the lobster meat before sprinkling them over the pizza shell. Otherwise your pizza will turn out soggy.
Review: I made this with and without without tomatoes. The pizza's are always a great hit at our house. My three year old said it was delicious. Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Update: I also used this garlic butter recipe from allrecipes and liked the added flavor and color it provided.
1 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground paprika
In a small bowl, combine softened butter, minced garlic and parmesan cheese. Season with garlic salt, Italian seasoning, pepper and paprika. Mix until smooth.