Chicken in Wine Sauce aka Swiss Chicken adapted from Mommy's Kitchen
4 - large skinless boneless chicken breasts
4 - tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
8 - slices Swiss cheese
1 - 10 3/4-oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 - cup white wine
1/4 - cup sour cream
1 Tbls. of olive oil
10 oz. fresh cut mushrooms
1 1/2 - cups pepperidge farm stuffing mix, crushed, I used savory cornbread
kosher salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season Chicken to taste
3. In a large frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil brown chicken(about 2-3 minutes per side). Meanwhile in a medium bowl, add the soup, sour cream and the wine.
4. Add the chicken to a shallow baking dish that has been spared with non stick spray.
5. Then in the frying pan cook mushrooms until golden brown. Layer the mushroom over the
6. Top chicken with cheese slices.
7. Pour soup mix over the cheese.
8. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top and drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve.
Review: This was simple to put together and tasted great in the end. The cheese and the sauce where extra creamy! You can also try this in the crockpot! Check it out here