Saturday, January 17, 2009
Double Chocolate Brownies
1/2 cup of butter plus extra for greasing
4 oz of semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
1 and 1/3 cups of superfine sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup of white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and line the bottom of a 7 inch square pan.
3. Place chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water until melted. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
4. Stir in sugar, vanilla extract, and salt.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well, until blended.
6. Sift the flour and cocoa into the cake batter and beat until smooth.
7. Stir in the chocolate chips, then pour the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the top is evenly colored and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out almost clean.
Review: This was delicious. I used White baking chocolate since I couldn't find the chips. I also used granulated sugar. Make sure to use a 7 inch square pan for soft brownies. This was simple, thanks Melanie for the recipe.