4 skinned chicken breast fillets
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs (mixed herbs or Italian herbs)
2 olive Oil, butter or margarine
2 cup pasta
½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chicken fillets between two sheets of plastic wrap; flatten to ¼ inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. ( I always skip this step).
3. Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan Cheese together
4. Dip chicken in egg, and dip in breadcrumb mixture.
5. Melt butter in large skillet or fry pan, cook chicken over medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
6. Spread 1/4 of a cup of spaghetti sauce along the bottom of a 9X13 Pyrex dish.
7. Place Chicken breasts in backing dish.
8. Place remaining sauce over chicken and bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
9. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the chicken and return to oven until cheese is melted.
Serve with chopped parsley.
Serve with a green salad and noodles.
Review: This is personally one of my favorite recipes. The chicken was tender and had the right amount of flovor. There are various modifications that can be done to this recipe including not frying the chicken or completly cooking the meal on the skillet. As for the noodles I add 2 tablespoons of butter to them after they have cooked and 1/4 cup of parmasen cheese for added flavor!