My husband and I are on a weight loss kick together. This is one of the recipes that we tried that is on the healthier side.
This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe
Wine, lemons, and mushrooms flavor this chicken recipe the lower salt and lower fat way.
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
4 chicken breasts, boned, skinless (5 oz.)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup chicken stock, skim fat from top
1/2 lemon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1. Mix together pepper, salt, and flour. Coat chicken with seasoned flour.
2. In a heavy-bottomed skillet, heat oil. Place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides. Then remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. To the skillet, add wine and stir until the wine is heated. Add juice, stock, and mushrooms. Stir to toss, reduce heat, and cook for about 10 minutes until the sauce is partially reduced.
4. Return browned chicken breasts to skillet. Spoon sauce over the chicken.
5. Cover and cook for about 5-10 minutes or until chicken is done.
6. Serve sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup sauce
Review: While this was good. I would adjust the amount of lemon in the recipe. This was overall another great way to prepare chicken marsala.