Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baby Food

In my quest for frugality I'm going to attempt to make homemade baby food. I tried to this with my oldest daughter, but why when the pre packaged stuff is so much more convenient? I'll tell you why, because it is cheaper and healthier for the baby then the prepacked meals. Just remember to save the plastic Gerber containers because they are a simple way to measure portion sizes and its simple to throw your homemade baby food in the containers and freeze! Here are some great resources for moms looking to start making their own baby food:

Wholesomebabyfood (This site has a very through FAQ and recipes.

Weelicious This is another great site has baby food ideas as well as recipes for those picky toodlers!

Simple and easy, well I hope. Organic and fresh are the best options. Just remember that you can use frozen foods, but stay away from canned.

No comments:

Post a Comment