For Christmas I baked several items including haystacks, apple pie, and Banana bread.
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 can (8.5 oz.) or 2 cans (5 oz. each) chow mein noodles
3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
LINE trays with wax paper.
MICROWAVE morsels in large, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; toss until all ingredients are coated. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared trays. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
DOUBLE BOILER METHOD:
PLACE morsels in top of double boiler over hot (not boiling) water. Do not cover. When most of the morsels are shiny, stir just until melted. (Prevent water from coming in contact with morsels.) Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Transfer to large bowl. Add chow mein noodles and marshmallows; proceed as above.
My brother loves these, they are the perfect for the dessert table.
I also made Banana bread. Banana bread is a great way to use over ripe Bananas. Here is a link to the post that I have used before. This is a really good recipe, its a big hit in our house.
Double Pie Crust from a taste of home
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoons salt
2/3 cup of shortening
6 to 7 tablespoons cold water
1) In small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in the shortening until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add water tossing with a forking until ball forms. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
2. Divide dough in half so that one ball is slightly larger then the other other. Roll out larger ball to fit a 10 inch plan transfer and roll out remaining dough.
Homemade Apple Pie recipe from a better homes and gardens
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 cups apples, peeled and sliced
1. Follow recipe for double pie crust above.
2, On a lightly floured surface, roll dough from the center to the edge, forming a circle about 12 inches in dia. , flatten one ball of dough with your hands. Using a rolling pin. Transfer pastry to a 9-inch pie plate. Carefully ease pastry into pie plate, being careful not to stretch it. Roll out remaining ball of dough to a 12-inch circle.
3.If desired sprinkle apples with lemon juice For filling, stir together 3/4 cups of sugar, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add apples toss to coat.Transfer apple mixture to pastry-lined pie plate. Trim bottom pastry to the edge of pie plate.
4. Make decorative cutouts in top crust to allow steam to escape. Place top crust on filling. Trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold top crust under bottom crust; seal and flute as desired. Brush top crust with milk and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent over browning.
5. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until top is golden. Cool on wire rack. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers, and use within 2 days. Makes 8 servings.