Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- melted butter or oil (olive or vegetable work well) enough to coat the seeds) We used olive oil
- salt to taste* (other seasonings you can try: seasoning salt, onion powder, garlic salt, etc.)
- Rinse pumpkin seeds. Use your fingers to remove all the pulp. Drain pumpkin seeds and discard pulp. Spread out on clean dish towels to dry overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl with the melted butter, margarine or oil. You can let them sit for a 30 minutes to soak up the butter. Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle seasonings of your choice over the seeds.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally. Cool pumpkin seeds before eating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 months or refrigerate up to 1 year.
- NOTE: If pumpkin seeds start to ‘pop’ or make a popping sound, then check on them, it means they are probably done
These tasted great. I seasoned my first batch i n garlic salt and my second in sea salt. This is one of my favorite fall snacks!