Saturday, September 12, 2009

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Casserole Ingredients
chicken, cooked and shredded
about 1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup rice
2 cans chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
pepper

I baked 3 small chicken breasts and shredded them for this dish. I really like to have chicken already to go for casseroles in the freezer. You can also substitute canned chicken if you’re very short on time.

Place the chicken in a casserole dish and sprinkle the rice over it. Stir the broth, soup and pepper together and pour over the top. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for an hour.

Review: I did not follow the directions but I think it still came out Great! I place the rice on the bottom, then 5 whole chicken breasts on top, covered them with cheese and then put the soup and broth mixture on top. The chicken was tender and the rice was flavorful!

No comments:

Post a Comment