1 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
strawberry preserves or sliced strawberries or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine milk, egg and butter; whisk until blended.
2. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well.
3. Add milk mixture; whisk just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Heat griddle over medium heat until hot.
5. (Drops of water will sizzle, then evaporate.) For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into griddle.
6. Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges.
7. Carefully turn over pancake; cook 1-2 minutes or until pancakes are cooked through.
8. Repeat with remaining batter.
9. Sprinkle pancakes with powdered sugar; serve warm with desired toppings.
Review: These came out a little dry, but had a good chocolate taste!