Spinach and Prosciutto Lasagna
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta
1 garlic clove, minced
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 1/2 cups jarred tomato sauce
4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, finely chopped
6 no-boil lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella (4 ounces)
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Make filling: In a medium bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta, garlic, teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
3. In another medium bowl, stir together tomato sauce and prosciutto.
4. In an 8-inch square baking dish, spread cup tomato sauce. Layer 2 noodles, 1/3 filling, and 1/3 remaining tomato sauce; repeat twice. Top with mozzarella.
5. Bake until browned, 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe tasted good as is. I used half the spinach and cut the filling ingredients in half. After making this recipe I think I will add pork sausage.