Zucchini Boats from my Kitchen :)
4 medium zucchini
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 4 oz can of mushrooms
1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
2 cups of spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese
1. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out the seeds.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the zucchini halves in the boiling water until slightly tender but still mostly firm, about 5 minutes; drain and pat dry with paper towels.
3.Preheat your oven's broiler. Place the zucchini on a broiler pan, hollowed-side facing up. Season each zucchini with the olive oil and pepper
4.Roast the zucchini under the broiler until sizzling, about 5 minutes; remove from oven. Decrease oven temperature to 350.
5. Begin by sauteing onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Once veggies are tender brown the ground beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Season the meat with salt/pepper and Italian species.
6. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, mushroom, chopped onion, bread crumbs, and egg. Place the meat mixture equally into all of the zucchini halves; mixture should be piled up over the top. Place the filled zucchini halves into the prepared baking dish.
3. Spoon the spaghetti sauce mixture over the filled zucchini, liberally. Sprinkle Parm and Mozzarella on top 15 minutes they are done cooking. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes. You may want to place foil or a cookie sheet underneath the baking dish because it tends to bubble over and splash.