Chicken Philly Boats from Cupcake Mommies
2 lbs shredded chicken ( I cooked a 2 lb small fryer chicken in the crock pot)
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
1 med. onion, sliced
1 4 oz can of mushrooms
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
2 TB olive oil
Salt/Pepper to taste
32 oz marinara sauce
6-8 slices of Provolone Cheese
1 Loaf French or Italian Bread
1. Cook your shredded chicken.
2. Heat a large skillet with the olive oil. Once heated, add in the peppers, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until soft.
3. Add in the chicken until combined and warmed through. Turn off the heat on the stove and heat your oven to 400 degrees.
4. Cut out a diamond shape and hollow out your bread--save the extra bread to dip in your extra marinara sauce :)
5. Stuff your bread boat with the chicken mixture and top with marinara sauce.
6. Top with the cheese and bake in the oven for 400 for 20-25 minutes
Review: This was simple and delicious...we added mushrooms and made this basic recipe for our chicken.