from: Pioneer Women
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz each)
lemon pepper seasoning
8 slices pepper bacon
4 slices cheddar cheese (or your favorite cheese)
4 sandwich buns
mayonnaise (or dressing of your choice)
tomato, slices (optional)
4 lettuce leaves (optional)
sliced onion (optional)
1.on a cutting board, pound the chicken breasts briefly with a mallet to flatten the thick parts so they'll cook more evenly.
2. Cut each strip of bacon in half. Arrange strips in a large (12") skillet and cook over medium heat until it reaches your desired crispness. Remove cooked bacon from skillet and put on paper towels to absorb excess grease.
3. Pour off all but approximately 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease. (you can pour it all off and then add back 1 TB - you decide!).
4. Heat skillet again, over medium-low to medium heat.
5. Liberally sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with lemon pepper. When the skillet is hot, place all 4 chicken breasts in it. Cook approximately 4 minutes on one side.
6. Flip the chicken breasts over. Arrange the bacon slices on top. Then place sliced cheese on top of the bacon.
7. Cover the skillet and cook for about another 4 minutes. The cheese should be well-melted. To test doneness, poke the fattest part of a breast with a sharp knife - you shouldn't see any pink meat left in the middle.
8. Dress your bun with mayonnaise, a dijon/mayonnaise combo, or ranch dressing.
9. Put chicken on bun. It tastes great without veggies, but you can also add leafy lettuce, sliced tomato, and sliced onion.
Review: These were simple and yummy! The best part is that they only took about 30 minutes from start to finish, great weeknight meal!